Tadalafil is a synthetic substance that naturally increases blood flow to the penis, causing natural erections. Tadalafil acts for a record long time - up to one and a half days! This effect is not given by any other drug for the treatment of erectile dysfunction!
General information about tadalafil
Tadalafil belongs to the group of inhibitors of specific phosphodiesterase type 5. During sexual arousal Tadalafil helps to relax the vessels of the penis, thus facilitating its blood circulation ... As a result, erectile function is improved. Tadalafil will not help you if you have a problem other than erectile dysfunction.
It must be emphasized that tadalafil does not work in the absence of any initial sexual arousal (stimulation). You and your sexual partner should start sexual foreplay in the same way as if you were not taking any drug to erectile dysfunction solution.
Before using tadalafil, you need to accurately determine the cause of your functional disorders (your urologist-andrologist will help you with this) in order to avoid 2 misconceptions that are associated with drugs based on tadalafil:
- Tadalafil is not a kind of sexual stimulant in the sense that people at the philistine level put into this word. This class of drugs does not automatically lead to an erection, regardless of the presence or absence of sexual desire (desire). The effect of the drug is manifested in the ability to provide a sufficient flow of blood to the genitals and only in the presence of a sexual stimulus (desire).
- Tadalafil is not able to solve the problem of sexual dysfunctions, if they are caused by some physiological disorders of the genital organ, etc. Preparations with tadalafil solve and effectively help men cope with problems, mainly of a psychological state, when a man, due to one failure, plunges into a state of insecurity and subsequently falls into a vicious circle: failure-uncertainty-failure, etc. Uncertainty causes functional problems, mainly the inability to maintain an erection for a long time and at a sufficiently high level. It is Tadalafil who helps to solve this problem.
If you clearly understand the principle of Tadalafil's work, if you have no contraindications to its use, then this is exactly the drug that you need. All generic forms, due to their absolute identity with Cialis, have the same indications, contraindications, principles of work, etc., as Cialis.
Indications for the use of tadalafil
Tadalafil is used in the treatment of sexual dysfunctions in men. It is prescribed when it is difficult to achieve an erection and keep it for a sufficient time.
How to use tadalafil
For oral administration.
The use of tadalafil in middle-aged men
The recommended dose of the drug is 20 mg. Tadalafil is taken prior to suspected sexual activity, regardless of food intake. The drug should be taken at least 15 minutes before anticipated sexual activity.
Patients can attempt intercourse at any time within 36 hours after taking the drug in order to establish the optimal response time to the drug.
The maximum recommended frequency of taking tadalafil is once a day.
The use of tadalafil in older men
For elderly patients, special dose selection is not required. The recommendations for use indicated in the section "Use in middle-aged men" apply to older patients as well.
The use of tadalafil in men with impaired renal and hepatic function
For patients with impaired renal function (creatinine clearance 30 ml/min) and liver, special dose adjustment is not required.
Tadalafil use by young people
Tadalafil should not be used by people under 18.
You should inform your doctor about all medications you are taking. The drug can be taken with other drugs only if recommended by the doctor. Read more about drug interactions in the instructions for the drug and in the instructions for Tadalafil.
The drug should not be taken with alcohol. It is also reported that grapefruit juice is incompatible with the active ingredients of tadalafil preparations and may cause discomfort.
People with low blood pressure and cardiovascular diseases tadalafil should be taken with caution, after consulting a doctor. The fact is that the drug can lower the pressure after it is taken by the patient. This is usually the result of the interaction of tadalafil with drugs containing nitrates or nitric oxide. Therefore, tadalafil should never be combined with medication or other products containing nitrates or nitric oxide.
Contraindications and side effects of tadalafil
- Established hypersensitivity to tadalafil or to any substance that is part of the drug;
- In case of taking medications containing any organic nitrates;
- Use for persons under 18.
The most frequently reported adverse events are headache and dyspepsia (11% and 7% of cases, respectively). Adverse events associated with taking tadalafil were usually minor or moderate in severity, transient, and decreased with continued use of the drug. Other common side effects were back pain, myalgia, nasal congestion, and flushing. Rarely - swelling of the eyelids, eye pain, conjunctival hyperemia and dizziness.
Precautions when using tadalafil
Since there are no data from controlled clinical trials on the safety and efficacy of the drug in the following groups of patients:
- patients with severe renal impairment (creatinine clearance 30 ml/min);
- patients with severe liver failure
The drug should be administered to such patients with caution.